26 January 2006

random

discussion I just had with my office buddy has led to the conclusion that I (1) have quite a bit of gray hair, but (2) am not optimizing my genetic predisposition. Given that I am predisposed to the gray (if you've seen my dad's head or my mom's roots, you'll agree), stress and tragedy have made me one prematurely aged young lady. However, what I'm missing is a good heartbreak. One serious soul-crusher should just about do it (of course, there's extreme illness too, but I feel like that's going above and beyond). So now I've just got to track down one of those, and then I will have truly maximized my prematurely gray potential. Excellent.

In other news I've spent all day seeking out and digitizing historic deviations from the current coastal trail. So I'm feeling a bit loopy.

2 comments:

Luis said...

Tell me about it! You're looking at Mr. Premature Gray over here! Fortunately Liz loves it, and can't wait until I become a "silver fox", :-).

kyla said...

you get "silver fox," I get "how many grandkids do you have?" before I turn 30. awesome.