16 August 2009

Progress!

OK, back from ABQ where we discovered an unreasonable amount of broken glass on the roads and bike paths. But we also discovered thorn-resistant tubes. Apparently the locals roll them WITH SEALANT and that's how they avoid flats. I actually carried Clyde through a bike path underpass to avoid what must have been several fifths of who knows what.

But now I'm home and after sending N off at 4:30 a.m. I've had an alarmingly productive Sunday. Finished and combined the quilt squares yesterday:


N was a bit startled by the lack of pattern/symmetry, but I think he's getting over it. Then I added top and bottom borders, made a backing, and then a "quilt sandwich" and THEN started on what is now my least favorite part of quilting: hand basting it all together.


On the up side, it does show how cool the back may eventually look...


Now it's just a couple of bajillion tiny stitches between me and finished! This has all been additionally challenging as I've been keeping all fingers and toes crossed about a potential rental house that would be AWESOME. Like a hundred billion hot dogs, sir.

No comments: