20 May 2006

What am I up to?

So, part of my job involves a "trail use study," which means I spend many hours every couple of weeks counting the number of people who use certain trails. This would be fascinating except that NO ONE USES THE TRAILS. That's not true. But in the 6 hours I was out last week I saw approximately 10 people. Sure, sure, this means I get paid to hang out in nature and do pretty much nothing, which is awsome, except when I do actually have other things to do with my working hours (which is always). But here we are. So I decided to start taking pictures of flowers, and these are the winners. Plus this gave me an excuse to figure out the flickr thing (partially). My favorite is still this one:
Because the native plantains get so little love, and they're pretty freaking adorable in their itsy-bitsy-ness.

I've also spent some of that time thinking about what I would get if I got another tattoo, and who I would have do it. But don't worry...no more tattoos in the near future.

3 comments:

thixotropic said...

wait
where and what precedent-setting tattoos??
please provide documentation.
tuliptrees:
- tall
- straight
- need a lot of space
check all that apply.

which native plantain is that? i have flowers on my blog too. and even though they were installed (by me) they are self seeding, which makes them almost native...?!!

um, yeah.

kyla said...

Dude, you've seen my tattoos.
and as they say, I like my men like I like my trees.
Plantago erecta
And doesn't self-seeding mean probably invasive, you vector, you?

thixotropic said...

almost, i said. there are native columbines from east and west coasts, and from europe too. but they all play nicely with each other and the hybrids cross back and forth. hence, almost

mine are prettier, anyhow. :-)