15 February 2006

Really Large Body of Water

New life plan (early today I called it an "interim personal management strategy." yeesh. too much bureacracy in my life.):

"I'll eat when I am hungry, and I'll drink when I am dry. Get drunk whenever I'm ready, get sober by and by." (The River Driver) Especially when sung by adorable (though long-haired) boys in 4-part harmony.

As Brett pointed out, live music is great. Instant mood elevator. Especially when it's kick-ass music and combined with whiskey and good friends. So check out Great Big Sea, and go see them in your town. (but don't even try to get them to play a wedding. They'll say no.)

Who needs romance anyway?

2 comments:

8yearoldsdude said...

that lyric is awfully close to a chunk of "moonshiner" by Bob Dylan and then again by Uncle Tupelo?
"let me eat when I'm hungry/
let me drink when I'm dry
2 dollars when I'm hard up
religion when I die."

swear to god I'm not hating. glad you had fun at the show.

great big sea...pride of canada. along with crash test dummies

kyla said...

i mean, it's not that creative of a lyric: eat-hungry, drink-dry, something-something, something that rhymes with dry. but i prefer a good alcohol reference to a religious one.

and you forgot the barenaked ladies.